Online survey is much needed by many. Research is a process used to find answers to a problem with the steps planned and systematic. The study was conducted by collecting data that objective. Research is not only done by academics, employers or other institutions also use research.
For businesses, data collection is usually used to make important business decisions. Usually, research in the field of business is to survey responses products, customer satisfaction surveys, surveys of consumer behavior and market surveys.
Disadvantage of Offline Survey
Research that is done conventionally without using online survey tools has some problems as follows:
• If you do research offline, it takes a high cost because you have to send a questionnaire to the respondent. If you send a fax, then the cost is also getting bigger. The cost to print a document of the questionnaire was great. If the questionnaire you encounter errors, then you need to reprint your questionnaire.
• In the study conducted offline, the researchers had to use printed questionnaires. Making the questionnaire printed on paper will require a considerable cost and environmentally unfriendly.
• If the respondent should return the questionnaire answers by fax to the researcher, it will cost more.
• Researchers require considerable time to distribute questionnaires to respondents. If respondents are in distant places is certainly sending a questionnaire requires a long time.
• The incoming data must be processed one by one carefully, so that this process requires precision and considerable time.
Advantages of Online Survey
Online Research has several advantages as follows:
• This research is more cost effective because researchers do not have to print out the questionnaire and pay the shipping cost questionnaire.
• The questionnaire is open for 24 hours. This means that if you’re not online, respondents may still fill out your questionnaire. Of course this can be done in a shorter time.
• Online research is not limited by space and time. This research has a wider range.
• If you use your research online and then the questionnaire can be translated into various languages. Respondents from other countries can also participate to fill out your questionnaire.
• You can add media such as images, video, sound, and so forth. The media can be used to facilitate the objectives that you have written into the questionnaire.
• Online questionnaire respondents have an unlimited quota. The number of respondents can be increased in accordance with the capacity of a database prepared by the researcher.
• The questionnaire is more accessible to the respondents because your questionnaire can be accessed via a laptop, smart phone, tablet, etc.
Software for Online Survey
There are a lot of online survey software/ tools that you can use. Usually this software will provide manufacturing quality survey. This software can be downloaded for free. You can look it up in the search engines very easily. The software can usually be installed in your computer easily and quickly.
You do not need to do coding or other things that are difficult to develop the software. The software usually provides features that are very useful for users. You can create surveys and questionnaires with an unlimited number. Surveys can be translated into various languages and researchers can achieve the required quota amount. You can also export the data into a PDF, SPSS, Ms. Excel, and so forth.
Another advanced feature is this software can save a temporary answer of the respondents so that the respondent can store the answer and went back to the questionnaire in accordance with the time he wants. However, using premium software or professional services may give easier and efficient processes because you can get broader or customized features to accomodate your business needs into the survey.